Responsible for supporting YUM and franchise partners on the strategic sourcing and supply of restaurant equipment and equipment-related services.
- Collaborate with Franchise partners and global YUM stakeholders to develop and execute strategic plans for the restaurant equipment category in the MENA region. Ensure reliable supply at the lowest sustainable cost.
- Initiate and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers and distributors. Monitor and manage supplier non-performance and negotiate key commercial terms in alignment and partnership with Franchisees and YUM global equipment team.
- Investigate alternative sources and methods of supply focusing on local manufacturing/assembly solutions where possible and permitted. Understand the capacity and capability of all current and alternative suppliers to provide the required quality, price, volume, and support network for the procurement of required goods and services.
- Work with Global YUM equipment/engineering team and YUM MENA Operations Team to design, test, and validate new equipment solutions and localized versions of global equipment meeting brand standard requirements
- Work with suppliers and franchisees to optimize the provision of spare parts and service contracts for all core equipment in the MENA region
- Continually investigate and recommend new and comparable materials, suppliers, and engineering solutions that may increase profitability, productivity, and effectiveness in restaurants.
- Provide supply solutions for any new markets as required by the MENA New Market Development plan, working with new franchisees to coach and advise on optimum solutions and YUM requirements
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all Franchisees, ensuring strategic plans are communicated, aligned, and implemented effectively. Ensure franchisees act in compliance with YUM Global SCM protocols. Act independently to resolve disputes as may arise between Franchisees and suppliers from time to time.
- Provide effective management information and reporting on price levels and adjustments to prices of goods and services for the development of the Annual Budget and AOP. Assist in the management of department finances & administration including the setting and invoicing of SCM fees from suppliers and ensuring legal compliance requirements are met.
- Troubleshoot day-to-day supply challenges as they may arise showing a positive, solution-orientated mindset
Other duties as required by Chief Supply Chain Officer or Chief Operations Officer to support the needs of the business.
- Deep technical know-how and understanding of equipment category. Ability to understand and appreciate technical issues associated with the operation, purchase, and supply of equipment
- Ideally with an engineering background or related experience in a similar role in the F&B industry or from within the related equipment supplier base.
- Minimum 8 years overall commercial experience with at least 5 years working in an equipment-related industry or role.
- Experience with food and beverage and/or multi-outlet industry preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of project management and commercial achievement with strong negotiating performance and analytical problem-solving.
- Experience in all facets of purchasing/supply chain management required: e.g. modern purchasing methods (supply strategy development, rigorous analytical approach to deals, tendering, contracts, logistics solutions, etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with other departments, suppliers, and franchisees. Strong persuading & influencing skills are considered important.
- High work ethic, positive mindset, action orientation, and ability to work in a time-sensitive, highly pressurized environment. Open to change and dynamic adoption.
- Willingness to travel frequently as required to the variety of countries where franchisees and suppliers are based.