Table of Contents
- Inventory Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Transport Managers
- Supply Chain Manager
- Quality Manager
- Catalog Manager
A supply chain company is a business that companies use to forward information products, resources, and goods from the supplier to the end-user (customer). The company’s supply chain includes various types of development via delivery that provides for materials sourcing, transportation, product development, manufacturing, etc.
Companies focus on Supply Chain and Logistic Hiring to remain successful and generate revenue. The supply chain industry needs to optimize its products or services to reach the user effectively. The mission is only fulfilled by a range of competent managers and employees who can oversee and strategize accordingly to maintain the flow of information and products effectively.
The supply chain industry provides highly paid careers to the right candidates who are helpful in running a company’s operation efficiently in the long and short term. According to the statistics, the inventory control manager average minimum salary is 319 600 AED Therefore, the recruiters focus on competent supply chain and logistic hiring. The blog will discuss several top-paying supply chain jobs and their requirements.
Inventory Managers are also called inventory analysts. The managers or analysts are responsible for various jobs, including monitoring and tracking inventory in the warehouse or any other organization facility.
The supply chain inventory managers are responsible for documentation and directing the subordinates to record and receive new stock at the time of shipment and delivery. The duties also involve analyzing different suppliers and evaluating new loads. Overall, the major responsibilities and roles of the inventory manager are:
- Leading warehouse employees’ team
- Analyze existing and new suppliers
- Record daily deliveries
- Evaluate new suppliers and shipments.
- Skill & Qualification:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competent problem-solving skills
- Time management and creative thinking skills
- Sound experience working in the consumer goods industry and competent with electronic data.
Logistics managers oversee and plan how an organization orders and delivers products to the end-user and vendors. The logistics manager ensures regulatory compliance at every step in the supply chain.
Logistics managers are the people who supervise the purchasing and distribution of the products in a supply chain. They are an important part of the company as they ensure a smooth procedure so the customers receive the products accurately. The ideal candidate should have competent leadership skills and sound financial management knowledge.
Overall, the responsibilities & roles of a logistic manager are:
- Responding to the issue and resolving them
- Monitor and manage the budget
- Manage the inventory of the warehouse and keep inventory records.
- Select transport carriers and negotiate rates.
- Skills of leadership in hiring employees, keeping them motivated, and resolve disputes
- Competent organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
The Transport Manager is responsible for looking after the transportation activities in the company. Transportation is one of the crucial parts of the supply chain industry as the company has to ensure the delivery of goods to vendors and end-users. The Manager of transport looks after every matter related to transportation. It includes sourcing of vehicles and procurement of vehicles and drivers if necessary.
Overall the transport manager is responsible for the following:
- Inspect loading and deal with overloading issues – Adherence to safety
- Look after the daily maintenance of transport vehicles in the fleet
- Conduct and manage the inspection of vehicles
- Evaluate and monitor the qualification of drivers and conduct training if necessary
- Keeping a record of vehicles in the fleet and cargo details transported every time.
- Competent Knowledge in Supply chain management
- Sound skills in math to manage load tolerance and estimate mileage
- Competent knowledge of shipping and transit codes in the region
- Excellent training & understanding of computers, loading equipment, and vehicle parts
Supply Chain Manager:
The managers, also known as supply chain administrators, are responsible for looking after and overseeing all supply chain elements. The managers are responsible for creating strategies to cut costs, evaluate inventory, and monitor the transport process. They are also responsible for dealing with logistics, budgeting, and supplies issues.
Overall, the roles and responsibilities of a supply chain manager are:
- Monitor and train the employees to ensure the guidelines of safety.
- Deal and report any accidents or injuries and provide the treatment protocol.
- Create strategies for supply chain management strategies to increase speed and efficiency.
- Collaborate with departments to deal with operational gaps.
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers.
- Competent knowledge of safety regulations that include OSHA.
- Understanding of the procedure to practice management of the supply chain.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
A quality manager is a person who is responsible for meeting the quality standards of the organization and making sure the services and products meet the criteria for customers, employees, and clients. The quality manager understands the industry regulations and rules and can monitor the process of compliance of the specific company.
The roles and responsibilities of a quality manager are:
- Implement inspection methods and evaluate and test the equipment products and production.
- Ensure products are up to the quality standards of the company
- Prepare the reports by analyzing, summarizing data, and collecting data.
- Work on deadlines to deliver the products
- Manage and train the staff in the production line while practicing effective production methodologies and goods assessment.
- Competent knowledge of quality standards and following local laws and regulations.
- Communication skills competent to deliver the information in reports and status reports.
- Pay attention to details.
- Sound knowledge of the products to perform the quality control responsibilities accurately.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills.
Category Managers are the leaders responsible for focusing on categories within the company. They are responsible for researching and analyzing the market and predicting consumer behavior while developing associated marketing strategies and orders.
Overall, the responsibilities and roles are:
- Optimize the warehouse roles.
- Create Chain management strategies.
- Balance company growth, cost, and safety.
- Knowledge of safety regulations.
- Sound knowledge of supply chain management.
- Leadership and training qualities.
That’s all for now. Supply chain and logistical hiring are a few crucial recruitment posts. The industry is vast, and the above-mentioned are only the top jobs. With skills and the right talent, the sector offers vast opportunities to grow and earn.
Read More Related Blogs:
- Diverse Talent Acquisition in the Tech Industry
- How to Build a Successful Career in Cloud Computing
- Software Development Hiring Trends: An Overview
- A Guide to Recruiting the Best DevOps Talent
- The Most in-demand cloud computing skills in 2023
- Top 10 IT Skills in Demand for 2023
- Facilitating Executive Search in the IT Industry
- Understanding FMCG Industry’s Secrets from a Recruiter’s Perspective